Angie Cortes Designs

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

You Rock!!


Hi everyone! It is a beautiful day in Ohio, tons of sunshine and a nice 83 degrees! It is also my darling sons eleventh birthday!! I gotta tell ya, I HATE to make guy cards! I can never seem to get them right and I usually end up just giving up and buying a card. Well, my son asked me if I was going to make his card this year so I knew I had to come up with something!!

I am actually pretty happy with the way it turned out and I know he will love it and that is really all that matters. I stamped the guitar in Versamark and heat embossed it with black powder. The sentiment is stamped in Pure Poppy from PTI. I also used the black and red ink pads to "grunge" up all the edges to give it more of a edgy feel. I sanded the edges and the front of the patterned paper so it would look distressed as well.

Well that is all for me, gotta go get ready for dinner. We are going to Wasabi for dinner. It is a Hibachi restaurant and my sons absolutely favorite place to eat. I can't wait to get there. He really wants an iPod Touch and has no idea that he is getting one tonight for his birthday! I can't wait to see his face!!

Thanks for stopping by,


{You Rock Supplies}

Stamps: Guitar and Sentiment (Inkadinkado)

Paper: Pure Poppy and Stamper's Select White (PTI), Eclipse Black (Wausau)

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Pure Poppy(PTI)

Accessories: Eyelets that look like Screws

0 comments:

Post a Comment