Angie Cortes Designs

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Couple Challenge Cards

Happy Thursday everyone!! A huge thanks for all the well wishes concerning my foot. It is healing nicely and the stitches come out Saturday...YEAH! It has just been crazy this week! Why is it that everything has to start back up at the same time...school, soccer, cheerleading...it is just so hard to get back into the rhythm of running all aver place again.

Anyway, I have a couple cards for a few different challenges to share with you. The first card is using the adorable Bugaboo Brat image of Skye and her scooter. The color scheme on this card is quite different from my norm. I was trying to challenge myself to think a little outside of the box and I really like the way it came together.

The cs is pomegranate and kiwi from Stampin' Up! and the dsp os from Cosmo Cricket and October Afternoon. The border was cut with my Cricut and the sentiment is from PTI. This card is for the following challenges:

Mojo Monday ~ Sketch 152
Craft Your Passion ~ Anything Goes

The second card features the super fun Dancin' Mae from Some Odd Girl. I LOVE this image, it reminds me so much of my daughter when she is dancing around with her iPod. I love it when she really gets into it and forgets we are there and starts singing out loud. She gets so embarrassed
when she realizes we are watching her!!

The dsp on this card is Teen Scene from American Craft. I cut the stars with my Cricut and added a ton of glitter to them. For the mat the images is on, I cut one big circle and then a bunch of little (one inch) circles and glued them along the edge of the big circle. I added some silver pearls and black rhinestones and the sentiment is from PTI. The card is for the following challenges:

My Time to Craft ~ Glitter and Glitz
Crafty Pad ~ Glitz and Glitter
Pile It On ~ Get In Shape (use at least 5 cutouts on your project)

Well that's it for me today. Be sure and come back tomorrow for my Character Cafe Feature Friday card.

Thanks for stopping by,

15 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What wonderful cards!!

Crystal said...

Angie these are SOOOO CUTE!!!! I love the sparkle and the stars on your second creation..HOW FUN!! She is def a GREAT image and love the color combo....WOOHOO and I love the colors on the first you know I love me some kiwi!!!!

sammi said...

Awesome cards, Angie! The colors are fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion, this week.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards.So bright and bold.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.
Lisa x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Both great cards hun, fab colour combos & images
Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week
Hugs Shell xx

Claudine Poch said...

Both cards are great. I agree, the colors are great, as well. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Robin said...

Fab cards Angie!! Robin

Marlene said...

Beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

LOVE the combo of paper with Mae! That mat you made is uber creative!!! Love it!

Anna said...

Adorable! Thanks for joining us at PIO.

Suzi Mac said...

Two adorable cards, love them both. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Lauretta See said...

wonderful! both cards are! Great job! Thank you for playing with us this week on the CRAFT YOUR PASSION challenge, Good Luck!

Robin McK said...

Angie, your SOG card here is AWESOME! I love that Mae groovin out to her music, and those papers are perfect!

Stephanie said...

Two fun cards! Very nice. thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Helen said...

Awww...cute card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Post a Comment